- This event has passed.
Wind Turbine Blade Maintenance Workshop
September 16, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
Members of ESIG and/or EPRI are invited to attend a Wind Turbine Blade Maintenance Workshop, co-hosted by EPRI and ESIG. In the first of what will be an annual event, we will focus on assessing blade defects and damage. Attendees will offer examples of blade defects and damage for the group to discuss and learn from. Unlike typical ESIG O&M workshops, attendees will come away from the event with workshop proceedings, which will summarize the examples shared during the workshop and outcomes of polls and discussion.
Recent EPRI research revealed vast differences across the industry in both how damage is assessed and resulting remedies (repair immediately, reinspect in 3 months, etc.). Absence of standardization surrounding damage assessment is limiting because:
- The industry relies on a small number of blade experts to manually review inspection results and advise on appropriate actions.
- Automation and data analytics is less effective when categorization is not applied uniformly.
EPRI and ESIG recognize these challenges and have a long-term vision for bringing the industry together through knowledge sharing and consensus building by way of blade maintenance workshops.
This is a fully remote workshop, where attendee participation is vital. We will start with two in-depth lessons learned presentations followed by brief presentations from each participant of their example(s), survey questions, results, and open discussion.
Participants will be asked to share one or more examples of blade damage or defects, including some information about the finding such as the blade age, the location on the blade, the size of the finding, and description of the finding, as well as some additional optional information.
How to Participate
- Click to Pre-register (Please note this event has reached full capacity. If you would like to be added to the waiting list please email firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Review the confirmation email which will include a template for sharing your defect and damage example(s).
- Upload your example data using the instructions provided in your confirmation email by September 9, 2021.
- Click to review EPRI white paper