- This event has passed.
2017 Forecasting Workshop
June 20, 2017 - June 22, 2017
Applying Meteorology in Power System Planning and Operations
UVIG is pleased to announce the 2017 edition of its premier industry event, the UVIG Forecasting Workshop – Applying Meteorology in Power System Planning and Operations.
This year’s event will be held at the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel in Atlanta, Georgia and will bring together experts from North America, Europe, and around the world to explore the state-of-the-art in wind, solar and distributed generation forecasting and meteorology application to electric power system planning and operations.
About The Event
This workshop is intended for utilities and power system operators, market operators, energy traders, companies associated with producing and using variable generation, EMS providers, research groups working to improve VG output forecasts, and companies involved in forecasting and integration services for all forms of variable generation. The purpose of this workshop is to help participants to:
- Develop a better understanding of the value of VG forecasting in the day-ahead, hour-ahead and real-time periods
- Develop a better understanding of the probabilistic information contained in wind and solar forecasts and how it can be used in practical applications
- Explore enhancements for the use of VG forecasts in the scheduling and operation of power systems and markets
- Develop a better understanding of the applications of meteorology to power system planning and operation
- Develop a better understanding of VG forecasting developments that are underway or on the horizon
- Continue an ongoing dialogue between the VG forecasting research, development, applications and user communities
- Meteorology for power system planning
- Forecasting for behind-the-meter PV generation
- Forecasting for wind and solar generation in real-time
- Forecasting trials, benchmarks and evaluations
- Integrating DER into the markets
- VG forecasting and energy trading
- VG forecasting for market operations
- VG forecasting developments internationally
- Forecasting and operating in a high VG future
- What do we see on the horizon
Schedule of Events
The three-day event begins at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, June 20 and concludes on Thursday, June 22 at 12:45 p.m.
Download Full Event Agenda
Please note: some of the scheduled speakers are currently tentative and not confirmed.
Who Should Attend?
- Transmission system owners and operators, distribution system owners and operators, market operators, energy traders
- Wind turbine vendors, solar generation vendors, EMS vendors, project developers, consulting engineering firms and other stakeholders in regions active in wind and/or solar power or considering adding wind and/or solar generation to their systems
- UVIG members and utility managers, project engineers, developers and others wanting to learn more about integration issues related to bulk power systems and distribution grids
- ISO/RTO/TSO/DSOs, system operations personnel and transmission system planners
- Researchers and companies involved in wind and solar power forecasting
- Regulatory personnel and elected officials interested in wind and/or solar power integration
Registration is now available for the UVIG Forecasting Workshop. To register for the event, click the button below.
|Tutorial (Member) ||$ 195|
|Tutorial (Non-Member) ||$ 295|
|Tutorial Speaker ||$ 100|
|Workshop (Member)||$ 745|
|Workshop (Non-Member)||$ 1040|
|Workshop Speaker ||$ 495|
|Reception Guest||$ 35|
The room block at the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel is sold out.
Other nearby options include: